If you need a job, particularly one that is potentially flexible and portable, look no further than the Military Spouse Employment Partnership Job Search on MySECO. Through the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, hundreds of businesses have committed to hiring and retaining military spouses in jobs that provide meaningful and lasting employment. You can also speak to a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities coach for help with your resume and your job hunt.
What is the Military Spouse Employment Partnership?
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership is an initiative of the Department of Defense’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program that aims to help military spouses find jobs. The partnership includes more than 390 partners or military-friendly employers. Visit the MSEP Job Search on MySECO to look for your dream job or review some of the other helpful information on the site.
Applying for a job through Military Spouse Employment Partnership Job Search on MySECO
- Create an account by registering. It’s easy to register to access the portal. You need to provide your contact information, work experience and educational background.
- Generate up to five resumes. You can tailor your resumes to specific openings or fields.
- Start searching for jobs. You can search for jobs either through a basic search that allows you to search by job title or geographic location, or through an advanced search that allows you to search by company, industry and job type.
Marketing yourself for the job
Here are a couple of ways to show potential employers you are a great candidate:
- Capitalize on your skills. Highlight your life experiences that translate into on-the-job skills. For example, as a military spouse, you’ve probably learned to be very adaptable, resilient and culturally aware. Employers covet these qualities.
- Let them know where you’ve used those specific skills. You could show how, after a move, you had to establish a new network of contacts in your community. Let this be an example of building networking and communication skills.
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership is here to help. If you need help finding all of the great resources available through the MSEP Job Search on MySECO, call 800-342-9647 to talk to a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities career coach. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.
This article was written by www.militaryonesource.mil not HelpVet. View original article here.