There are many credit card options that feature perks for being a military member. You will find military fee waivers offered by a variety of high-profile credit cards including American Express, which means you may be eligible to access high-value credit cards (assuming the applicant is otherwise financially qualified) that can push your access to credit to a new level.
The military credit card offers discussed in this article are valuable perks for active duty military and their families, but one thing that is important to note: credit card companies change their terms and conditions frequently and the offers open to you today may be modified in weeks or months to come.
If you find a particular feature of a military credit card benefit to your liking but you cannot find it advertised on the company’s official site, always call customer service to specifically request the feature. You may find that in some cases, even though the promotion is no longer being advertised publicly, it may (or may not) still be available for the asking. The key is knowing to ask.
At the time of this writing, all features discussed here are available to those who qualify for them.
The American Express Military Credit Card Fee Waiver
American Express has generated headlines among military-themed publications for its policy of waiving the annual fees on its credit cards for active duty military members. This perk gives the applicant access to a variety of AMEX cards including its American Express Platinum for Military with a waived $695-per-year fee, plus the following:
- 100,000 point sign-up bonus after spending $6,000 in purchases
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership
- Centurion and Priority Pass lounge access
- Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue
- $200 airline fee credit yearly
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
There are other American Express credit cards you could apply for with a request for a no-annual-fee perk for military members:
- Business Platinum Card
- Platinum Delta Skymiles
- AMEX Gold Card
- Hilton Honors Aspire
- SPG Luxury Card
Eligible military members may also be offered one or more of the following perks:
- No overlimit fees
- No late payment fees
- No returned payment fees
- No fees for statement requests